The counselling and support we offer
Pupils come to Place2Be for lots of different reasons. The most common ones are anxiety, struggling to focus, low self-esteem, mood swings and trouble with their family.
To help your school community cope with challenges like these, our in-school support works with pupils, families and school staff.
- Place2Talk – pupils book appointments with a Place2Be counsellor to talk about problems and worries
- One-to-one counselling – weekly counselling using talking, creative work and play to support pupils who are struggling
- Group work – therapeutic groups exploring issues like friendship, self-esteem, transition and bullying
- Parent counselling – weekly therapeutic support from Parent Counsellors to help families cope with challenges
- Guidance, training and safeguarding advice for staff – our mental health professionals share their expertise on issues such as managing and understanding behaviour, Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and Additional Support Needs (ASN), safeguarding and coping with staff stress.
Helping you understand the world of mental health
Place2Be also helps schools to understand the world of mental health. We ‘signpost’ other organisations and help schools refer pupils to specialist support like Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) where needed.
Mental health support in a crisis
Place2Be works in partnership with Shout, a 24/7 text messaging service to support anyone in crisis, anytime, anywhere. Find out more about Shout
Find out more
Get in touch using our enquiries form or call us on 020 7923 5500.