Take the first step on your training journey and develop some of the skills you need to be a counsellor for children and young people.
Please note, we are currently inundated with a high volume of bookings and with COVID-19 restrictions limiting spaces available, our Taster Days get booked on a first-come, first-served basis.
Taster Days are currently running, and we will continue to monitor government guidelines on Coronavirus.
To ensure the safety of our participants and tutors, we have introduced a Lateral Flow testing policy for all training. Once you have booked your Taster Day, you will receive further details via email on this.
Please note that all dates posted may be subject to change.
Place2Be’s Taster Day is the mandatory starting point for our qualifications and an introduction to our work supporting children and young people through talking, creative work and play.
We run Taster Days throughout the year so keep checking this page for new dates.
What it covers:
- Understanding Place2Be’s approach and work in schools
- An introduction to some key concepts in child counselling
- Communicating through therapeutic play
- Knowing the training pathway for child counselling
- Planning possible next steps for trainees
Useful for those who:
- Want to enrol on a specific Place2Be course within 12 months
- Are interested in doing further training with Place2Be, but don’t know where to start
- Already work with children or young people and want to develop their skills
- Are interested in learning about counselling for children and young people
£95* (we have a limited number of spaces at £55 if you’ve completed Mental Health Champions Foundation. Email Qualify@place2be.org.uk for more information). Please note that spaces for October Taster Days at this price are now fully booked.
Find out more
Get in touch using our enquiries form or call us on 020 7923 5558.
If you require the use of the hearing loop please let us know via email@example.com so we can discuss your needs.
Safe learning environments
This course has given me a very good insight into counselling children. The games, sensory play and group activities were inspiring and made me more self-aware as an observer and listener.
Taster Day participant