Take the first step on your training journey and develop some of the skills you need to be a counsellor for children and young people.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, upcoming Taster Days are currently on hold.
We aim to resume Taster Days in January 2021 and will continue to monitor government guidelines on Coronavirus.
Please note that all posted dates will be subject to change.
Place2Be’s Taster Day is the starting point for our qualifications and an introduction to our work supporting children and young people through talking, creative work and play.
We run Taster Days throughout the year so keep checking this page for new dates.
What it covers:
- Understanding Place2Be’s approach and work in schools
- Learning key concepts in child counselling
- Communicating through therapeutic play
- Knowing the training journey for child counselling
- Planning possible next steps for trainees.
Useful for those who:
- Want to enrol on a specific Place2Be course within 12 months
- Are interested in doing further training with Place2Be, but don’t know where to start
- Already work with children or young people and want to develop their skills
- Are interested in learning about counselling for children and young people.
Find out more
Get in touch using our enquiries form or call us on 020 7923 5558.
Safe learning environments
This course has given me a very good insight into counselling children. The games, sensory play and group activities were inspiring and made me more self-aware as an observer and listener.
Taster Day participant