Take the first step on your training journey and develop some of the skills you need to be a counsellor for children and young people.
Place2Be’s Taster Day is the mandatory starting point for our qualifications. It serves as an introduction to our work supporting children and young people through talking, creative work and play.
The Taster Day is made up of two Modules:
Module 1) an interactive online e-learning session and;
Module 2) an experiential classroom workshop.
Both parts of the Taster Day must be completed to apply for other Place2Be training courses. Please see below for further details on how to complete your Taster Day.
We run Taster Days throughout the year, so keep checking this page for new dates.
- The Taster Day is made up of two modules, Module 1) the e-learning session, and Module 2), the Classroom Workshop. When you book your place on the website you are booking a date for your classroom workshop, (Module 2). You will be expected to complete the e-learning session (Module 1), before attending Module 2. You must complete both parts of the Taster Day.
Module 1 will provide an interactive overview of training at Place2Be. It will contain information on our therapeutic approach and child counselling training pathways. As mentioned above, this should be completed ahead of Module 2, the Classroom Workshop. You should allow for two hours to complete the module.
Module 2, the Classroom Workshop is a half-day session that puts what you have learned into action. The aim is to give attendees a taste of communicating through therapeutic play.
What it covers:
- Understanding Place2Be’s approach and work in schools
- An introduction to some key concepts in child counselling
- Knowing the training pathway for child counselling
- Planning possible next steps for trainees.
- Communicating through therapeutic play
Useful for those who:
- Want to enrol on a specific Place2Be course within 18 months
- Are interested in training with Place2Be, and want to find out more about their next steps
- Already work with children or young people and want to develop their skills
- Are interested in learning about counselling for children and young people
- Are interested in developing your skills for communicating with young people
Find out more
For more information, please read our FAQs linked below or get in touch through our enquiries form or call us on 0207 923 5558.
If you require the use of the hearing loop please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss your needs.
This course has given me a very good insight into counselling children. The games, sensory play and group activities were inspiring and made me more self-aware as an observer and listener.
Taster Day participant
To avoid disappointment, please ensure before booking on to a Taster Day that you can attend that specific date.
Your session will timeout if inactive for longer than 30 minutes. You can save and return to your application anytime by logging into My Account.
Please make sure you read the counselling qualifications terms and conditions before completing your booking/application.