counselling and mental health services
Place2Be's work in secondary schools helps young people to
achieve their full potential and deal positively with the
difficulties they face. We provide both universal and targeted
services for young people in schools, alongside support for parents
and consultation and advice for school staff.
for young people
We work in secondary schools across the UK, with a focus on
supporting young people aged 11-14 years old.
- One-to-one counselling and shorter term solution focused
- Place2Talk, a daily self-referral service run in break
- Themed work with small groups (for example exam stress,
self-harm) and supporting in-class topics
Services for staff
- Consultation service for teachers: both
timetabled supervisions with key pastoral and SEND staff and ad hoc
consultations with all staff
- Support and advice on Safeguarding and Child
- Inset and CPD
training for school staff
- Partnership working with statutory agencies including CAMHS,
voluntary sector partners and community groups
Read about what our Head
Teacher's have to say about our work.
Services for parents and carers
- Up to 5 partnership sessions for parents and carers of young
people receiving one-to-one counselling
- One-to-one counselling for parents and carers
work with Place2Be?
Read how Place2Be has helped young people in Key Stage 3
overcome their difficulties.
Evaluating our work
The outcomes of our work show a demonstrable change in:
- Emotional wellbeing - (measured using Goodman's Strengths
and Difficulties Questionnaire - SDQ)
- Attendance, pupil behaviour and disruptions in class
- Attitudes to learning and academic performance
Find out more about the positive impact we have on classroom
learning and young people's mental health.
Help with funding
Thanks to generous support from
Impetus - PEF, we can offer £15,000 funding support to all new
secondary schools over their first 2 years of their partnership
See how your school could use pupil premium to fund Place2Be.
To speak to us about available funding, please email us