Fundraising event own place terms and conditions
These Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) apply to all voluntary fundraising activities where you have your own place in an event and have chosen to fundraise for Place2Be. By completing the Fundraising Activity Form attached to own place fundraising, you agree to comply with these terms and conditions.
On this page:
- Challenge Event Participation
- Fundraising activities
- Sponsorship Money and Donations
- Use of Personal Data and Consent
Challenge Event Participation
- By completing a challenge event form, you are confirming that you have secured your place in the challenge event specified in your registration form through the event organisers. Place2Be holds no responsibility for securing or confirming your place in this event.
- You agree that you are physically capable of participating in the event and agree to be solely responsible for your actions. You agree that, save as provided elsewhere in these terms and conditions, Place2Be is not responsible for any injury or illness you may suffer due to your participation in the event.
- You accept that should any medical or physical condition arise before the event that is likely to affect your ability to compete, you are responsible for contacting the event organisers to advise them of your change in circumstances. You understand that if you cannot participate in the event, any money raised will be retained as a donation towards Place2Be and will not be refunded.
- You understand that it is your responsibility to read any terms and conditions issued by the event organisers and comply with them.
- You will respond to any correspondence from the Place2Be Events Team marked as ‘Urgent’ as quickly as possible.
- You acknowledge that in any fundraising activities you organise (e.g. bake sale, quiz night), you are an independent supporter of Place2Be. It’s your responsibility to refer to raising money “in aid of” Place2Be (rather than ‘on behalf of’).
- You agree to act lawfully when fundraising in aid of Place2Be and comply with any instructions or guidance concerning your fundraising activities.
- You agree that it is your responsibility to organise all aspects of any fundraising activity undertaken. You agree that you will be responsible for any costs, taxes, insurance or expenses incurred or arising in connection with your fundraising activities.
- When producing materials using the Place2Be logo, you must seek approval from the Place2Be Events Team and adhere to the house style guidelines, which we can provide on request. You must also include our charity number.
Sponsorship Money and Donations
- You agree to send all the funds collected or raised to Place2Be one month after your event date, per Place2Be’s instructions. You may not deduct any costs incurred unless otherwise agreed with Place2Be.
- You agree to ensure any cheques relating to your fundraising are made payable to Place2Be and sent to the Place2Be Events Team with the event name, your full name and address. You agree to encourage donors and/or sponsors to make eligible gift aid declarations, which may enable us to recover the basic rate tax on such donations.
- You will take responsibility for the safe keeping of money raised in Place2Be’s name, both during and after the collections, until you transfer it to Place2Be.
Use of Personal Data and Consent
- By providing your personal information when you sign up to fundraise for Place2Be, you understand that Place2Be will contact you via phone, email and any other legitimate means to communicate relevant event information throughout the lead up to and post your participation in this event.
- Place2Be may also use your personal information for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when signing up to fundraise for Place2Be.
- Place2Be will handle all personal data under applicable privacy laws.
- By registering to fundraise in aid of Place2Be, you consent to Place2Be using photos, videos, and quotes of you from the event day for any legitimate and promotional materials. Please contact us in advance of your activity if you are unhappy with this by emailing email@example.com.
- If you provide photographs or videos taken during your fundraising activity to Place2Be, you agree that these may be used by Place2Be for commercial and/or fundraising purposes. By sending these to us, you are also confirming that anyone featuring prominently in the photograph or video is aged 16 or over and that they have consented to their image being used this way.
- You acknowledge that you are fully responsible for your participation in the event, and Place2Be does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage arising from the event.
- You accept that any risks arising from your fundraising activities are your responsibility, including liability for any injury or loss to you, your helpers or guests. You will therefore take all reasonable precautions to protect the health and safety of all those participating in, involved with or attending your activity.
- You will comply with applicable laws and regulations relating to your fundraising activity, including obtaining any necessary licenses, consents, or permissions, e.g. if you are holding a raffle or lottery or are proposing to sell alcohol.
- You acknowledge and accept that Place2Be’s insurance policy will not cover your fundraising activities.
- You will not do anything that threatens Place2Be’s reputation or name. If you do, Place2Be has the right to ask you to stop your fundraising activity immediately.
These terms and conditions are also available in PDF form.
If you have any questions on the above, do not hesitate to contact our Events Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team are always happy to help.