It's time to #SparkASmile
It's time to #SparkASmile
Help us spark smiles around the world to support children’s mental health
What is #SparkASmile?
Did you know that doing good for others can improve your mental health?*
In these uncertain times, it’s more important than ever to be mindful of our mental health. Place2Be want to help our supporters to stay positive over the coming weeks. That’s why we’re asking you to #SparkASmile and brighten the days of your friends, family and workmates, while also raising money for Place2Be.
The idea is simple – record a video that you think will make someone smile, share this video with your friends and family, nominating them to do the same and to donate £5 to Place2Be if your video made them smile!
How you can get involved
Sparking a smile is as easy as 1, 2, 3…
- Record your #SparkASmile video – Record a short video that you think will make people smile. You could tell your favourite joke, attempt a TikTok dance or create a funny pet video. You can involve the whole family and really get creative. Check out this video for some ideas!
- Share your video far and wide – Post your video on social media and tag your friends and family nominating them to take on the challenge! Remember to use the hashtag #SparkASmile and tag Place2Be so we can share it on our channels as well.
- A donation for a smile – Encourage your friends, family and colleagues to donate £5 to Place2Be if your video made them smile! A £5 donation can be made by texting 5SMILE to 70085 or online via the #SparkASmile campaign.
How to make a donation
- Text to donate – text 5SMILE to 70085 to make a £5 donation to Place2Be
- Through JustGiving – make a donation directly to our #SparkASmile campaign
Your support matters now more than ever
Whilst coronavirus has caused schools to shut to the majority of children across the UK, we're still working tirelessly to provide children and families with the support they desperately need.
Many of our fundraising activities for the coming months have been cancelled, meaning we need funding now more than ever. By getting involved with #SparkASmile, you’ll be making sure that Place2Be can continue to provide mental health support for the children and families who need us most.
The fine print
Text to donate: Texts cost £5 plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS. If you’d like to give £5 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text 5SMILENOINFO to 70085.
*Source: Mental Health Foundation
News & blogs
Award a virtual Kindness Cup for Mental Health Awareness Week
We've launched our new virtual kindness cups to celebrate the acts of kindness taking place across our school communities.READ MORE
Coronavirus: supporting children who may be especially vulnerable
Place2Be's Principal Educational Psychologists share some ways to support children who are especially vulnerable.READ MORE
Coronavirus: updates from Place2Be
Tips, advice, and updates on how to access our services.READ MORE