Place2Be’s bursary scheme is designed to attract those from under-represented groups in the counselling profession, along with those that require financial support to train to work therapeutically with children and young people, but due to financial need are prohibited.
- There are 10 bursaries available for the Level 2 Award, 14 for the Level 2 Certificate and one for the Postgraduate Diploma
- The Level 2 and Level 3 bursaries will cover 100% of the course fees
Postgraduate Diploma bursary will cover 80% of the course fees
- There is a £100 confirmation fee to be paid by successful applicants upon offer of a place
- The bursary can be applied to any Level 2, Level 3 or Postgraduate Diploma course starting in 2021.
To be considered for a bursary you must meet all of the following criteria;
- A UK resident
- Able to demonstrate that you are in genuine financial need (your total household annual income is less than £X)
- Able to demonstrate that you are currently involved in, or planning to work in, the field of children’s emotional well-being or counselling
- Meet all entry requirements for the course you apply for
- Be able to attend the course in full at the location and dates specified
We will ask for supporting evidence to confirm your address, financial details and previous counselling qualifications. Full details on this can be found in the Terms and Conditions.
In order to be considered for a bursary you must complete and submit an application form via the link on this page. The application will ask for your contact details, financial information, counselling qualifications and motivation for studying counselling.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to provide supporting documents. This can be in the form of;
Proof of address (provide one of the following)
- Utility or Council Tax bill (from the past 3 months)
- Bank statement (from the past 3 months)
- Tax assessment
- Photographic ID (e.g. driver’s license)
- Mortgage statement
- Certificate of voter registration
- NHS Medical Card or Local GP Registration Confirmation
Financial Information (provide all relevant documents from the list below)
- Payslips (from the last 3 months) for relevant persons
- HMRC Tax statements if self employed
- Confirmation of allowance/support from the last 3 months
- Confirmation of any additional income mentioned – bank statement or letter from awarding authority
Applications will be open between X and X.
After the closing date, all applications will be reviewed, and we will contact applicants to request further supporting documents if needed.
All applicants will be notified by email whether or not their application has been shortlisted to the next stage. Interviews are expected to take place in X 2020.
Following interview a panel will make final decisions on bursary awards based on the applicant’s interview and application form.
All shortlisted applicants will be contacted with the final outcome.